Open Call Video Arte Faenza 2019
We have closed the reception of submissions to this call
We are glad to announce that we received up to 149 projects from 28 countries, Colombia participated with 69 aplications and 80 applications came from Germany, Angola, Argentina, Austria, Brazil, Cuba, Denmark Ecuador, Spain, Finland, France, Holland, Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, the UK, Czech Republic, Serbia, Singapore, Switzerland and Thailand. Thank you all for participating!
The jury will start to work on watching the submitions and selecting the projects. We will announce the selected works by May 3rd 2019.
Date open call: March 12 2019
Apply until: April 15 2019
Projection dates: May 17 – 19 2019
Video Arte Faenza begins it’s second video art projection for 2019. The projections of video art are composed by video works made by artists from around the world, who work with image in movement as their main technique.
The open call will select pieces of work which:
• Add to the discourse of contemporary art
• Are coherent with their own discourse and the materialization of it (digitalization of image)
• Quality of videographic work
Selected works will be organized in projection programmes according to the discourse and conversation between them.
• Top duration per video 2 minutes
• Selected videos will be projected on video art festivals and colombian art cinemas; when you agree to participate, you acknowledge that the videos will be presented to a broader public and agree to be part of new spaces that Faenza finds for the work to be displayed. No fees will be charged to the public
• Videos should display the title at the beginning and credits by the end.
• If the original language is different from Spanish, videos should have subtitles in Spanish
• All pieces of work should be music and image Copyright free
• Open subject
About Video Arte Faenza
The open call received more than 70 applications from over 10 different countries, which were projected on 4 programmes: Siénte-lo (feel-it), Abstráe-lo (abstract-it), Juega Local (play local) and Efímero (ephemeral) and hosted the work of established guest artists Miler Lagos and Ricardo Moreno.
Projections were displayed at Cinemateca from Universidad Central in Bogotá, at Universidad Católica of Pereira and at Obra Comisionada in Medellín.
Video Arte Faenza is organized and produced by members of the artistic group Proyecto Faenza, a team of 18 artists located in Bogotá, looking for inclusion of various forms of expression in contemporary art and presentation of them to the public, aiming to establish a dialogue between the artistic creation and colombian local culture.